I'm writing this so that I can keep myself motivated to train through the winter for next summers Bob Graham Round. The more people who are watching over my shoulder, the more likely I am to do things properly and tick off all 42 of those hills early next summer.
Perhaps I should start by putting down a list of things that didn't go so well last time out.
* Not enough long training days, I didn't get out for over 8 hours enough times, so when I did, it was a shock to my system. I figured if I could do 55 miles and feel fine, then I could get around the BGR, I was wrong. More long days this time.
* Not being prepared for running out of energy. Sounds silly, but when I hit empty on the way to Bow Fell I collapsed so spectacularly that I must have done something wrong. More days training on little or no food to get me used to it this time.
* Eating wrong, I didn't eat enough on L3, eat more next time.
*Eating wrong 2, I didn't like setting off up the climbs full of food, eat at the tops or on route next time - soup/sandwich?
* Bad weather - don't set off in shit weather next time. Have a small moveable team.
* Pain killers, play around with paracetamol and ibuprofen to get used to how it works with me on long days.
That should do for now, I will post back next week to keep anyone informed of how things are going.